Anyone found a solution to the blank screen, when resuming an app on android, after having the screen turned off for a while?
We really don't want to have to rewrite our app in java for this extremely annoying bug. Impossible to try to fix with alternative methods, when it takes at least 15 minutes for the bug to appear.
app.js adds a tabgroup and has all the code for the first tab window in it. (Everything works great for iPhone)
David's code in:
doesn't work for us either. The resume event is only fired when starting the app, never when returning after hitting the home button.
Is there any way to make the app exit when pressing home?
In a nutshell you need to add
android:alwaysRetainTaskState="true"to your root activity.
I am suffering the same problem and clearly this is preventing me from releasing any application on Android. Quite annoying!
Any solution or workaround is more than welcomed.
Having the same issue, and android:alwaysRetainTaskState="true" does nothing :(
I've been having this problem too, it's taken me weeks to pinpoint it down to this. Hoping that the solution herein works, will post back to check.
In the meantime, I've tried other things, and all I've found is that the app doesn't actually break until you try to restart it. Wondering if it's related to 'Layout Cleanup' from TiBaseActivity in the DDMS log.
same problem here, using sdk 1.8.0, android 4.0/4.03
any solution yet?
Look in kitchen sink manifest XML file, match it and you'll be good to go.
any news? Status on bugreport says it's resolved: https://jira.appcelerator.org/browse/TIMOB-7293
OK. So it looks like the bug returned with vengeance in 1.8.x, but is now fix again with the above changes to the manifest/tiapp.xml.
Go to the following link and download the latest build from the master branch (in the drop-down at the top).
After adding <property name="ti.android.root.reappears.restart" type="bool">true</property> to tiapp.xml the app seems to restart normally
I'm on 3.1.3 GA (XPeria Arc S) and this issue still persist. I've tried all the solutions above but nothing helped. LogCat is reporting that custom modules are re-created ok, however the screen is blank (black). One message I noticed in the LogCat was:
W/PhoneWindow(7206): Previously focused view reported id 235 during save, but can't be found during restore.
This would indicate something wrong when restoring the window from a persistent state. Might be that if there's a complex window with many subviews, the Appcelerator platform has difficulties reconstructing it properly (or does it in wrong order).
Well, 3 years and still no reasonable fix. Yet another reason to go native.