Android not working - adb.exe has stopped working

Hello there,

I've got Titanium working ok on Vista, aside from the occasional crash. I can export desktop apps but not Android. When I try to launch my app I get 'adb.exe has stopped working' and the following messages in the console >>

I've tried a few other solutions on here and elsewhere but to no avail. Any ideas?


1 Answer

  • Accepted Answer

    Apparently android moved adb…
    I'm using a Mac and there was an "adb_has_moved.txt" file in the tools directory. This is what it said:

    The adb tool has moved to platform-tools/
    If you don't see this directory in your SDK,
    launch the SDK and AVD Manager (execute the android tool)
    and install 'Android SDK Platform-tools'
    Please also update your PATH environment variable to
    include the platform-tools/ directory, so you can
    execute adb from any location.

    On a Mac I made a softlink to ../platform-tools/adb and that worked.
    Maybe on Windows you could try adding adb.exe to your path.
    If that fails maybe just copy the file to the tools directory (copying is not ideal though)