I'm having troubles getting the MapsView to work on Android. I'm using Titanium SDK 3.0 and have the following settings in my tiapp,xml:
<property name="ti.android.google.map.api.key.development">0ZnKXkWA2dIAu2EM-OV4ZD2lJY3sEWE5TSgjJNg</property> <property name="ti.android.google.map.api.key.production">AIzaSyCZsgqIZ-S1SoINCLVhkNEwUyd2il1fLNs</property> <property name="ti.android.google.map.api.key">AIzaSyCZsgqIZ-S1SoINCLVhkNEwUyd2il1fLNs</property>
The .developement is the default one. The .production and the one without extension are the ones I created using the steps according to the docs. If I install the app directly on the device is works fine. If I publish everything and download .apk file from internet to my device, the Maps shows nothing except for the annotations. I've followed the steps more than 10 times now, but I cant see the problem.
Can anyone help me with this one?
Why do you have ti.android.google.map.api.key in addition to the other two? Try it with only ti.android.google.map.api.key.development and ti.android.google.map.api.key.production.
We have an app that uses maps, and that's how we have it set up in the tiapp.xml. It works fine in production.
I found the solution for my problem. At the moment, Appcelerator is working with the V1 of the Google Maps For Android. So I needed a MD5 key in stead of the SHA-1, which the latest Google tutorial was pointing to. Google Maps Android V1 is about to be replaced by V2, only V2 is not yet supported.
Using this URL I was able to obtain a V1 API Key, based on the MD5 hash of my siging certificate:
Pffff, it took alot of hours to see that Appcelerator is not yet supporting V2 of the Maps API. Next to that, you are not able to enable the V1 API Service using my code.google.com console. So thats very confusing. Hopefully someone is saved alot of hours reading this…. ;-)