I have downloaded teh free version of titanium studio, if I am making calls to my own web/smtp server, etc.. will this incur no charge, it is only if you specifically use teh ACS service.
Or does every API call made within your app go towards incurring a charge?
You dont have to worry, you can use Ti without being charged.
What pricing basically gives you are: - bunch of modules 4 free (build by Ti) - support (employees of Ti) - more ACS API calls
Making own API calls (http) does not affect this. In ACS its restricted, because you use their resources (traffic/power/maintenance/...).
What you get for free:
- You can develop and distribute applications for free (IDE included).
- Appcelerator Cloud Services (ACS)
- (Quotas are per month)
- 1,250,000 Push and Email 3, 250,000 Tier 1 API calls
- 250,000 Tier 2 API calls
- 5 GB storage
- No modules from the Marketplace
- Community support
What you get by paying:
- Bigger quotas on you ACS Plan (the more you pay, the more you get)
- A set of modules from the Marketplace
- Enterprise support (faster response time)
If you have any questions around pricing, please email me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will be happy to help.
Best regards. Coreen Head. Appcelerator. Corporate Sales Manager - UK
Think you can help? Login to answer this question!