1) Comments are welcome and encouraged. There is no better metric of how much impact a post has with the readers and many times, it is the content within the comments that provides the most value. If you’re not sure whether to comment, go ahead. If you’ve crossed some kind of line, we’ll email you.
2) Comments should add value. If a comment is clearly spam, It will be deleted. If the same person or IP makes spammy comments we will add their domain and IP address to the blacklist of our anti spam software. Most comment spam is caught automatically, but a few slip through from time to time.
3) Relevant links in comments are actively encouraged – if you’re leaving a comment on our blog and want to point to a link on your own or someone else’s site that is relevant to the topic then please feel free to do so. This adds to the conversation and improves the blog.
4) Irrelevant links are not encouraged – if you leave a comment with a link in it that has no relevance to the post your comment on it could be be deleted. This is a trend that we see happening increasingly on this blog. If you really want to annoy us then the way to do it is to do this on multiple posts.
5) We are not huge fans of signatures in blog comments. Having said that we’re not going to disallow it at this time. If you do it, we may delete it if it looks irrelevant or spammy.
6) Comments are not the appropriate place to ask for Help. Please use the appropriate channels that we have in place for this.