This post is also available in: Japanese
You may want to be sitting down for this one.
Over the next few weeks, we will be releasing several major new products and updates – the most we’ve ever shipped in our company’s history. We’ve also heard your feedback loud and clear about our pricing and we’re rolling out some compelling new software, training, and support bundles that every indie developer through large enterprise is going to want to take a serious look at.
From a platform perspective, Titanium Mobile 1.7 is now available as a release candidate for everyone and will be GA in June. 1.7 provides a 5-fold improvement in productivity for Android developers and significantly enhances the overall performance and stability of the platform. Titanium Desktop 1.2 is also available now as a release candidate and allows desktop app publishing to the Mac App Store.
We are also announcing the Titanium Mobile Web SDK, an all-new product that gives Appcelerator developers the ability to develop both mobile apps and mobile websites from a single Titanium API. The Titanium Mobile Web SDK Beta is available for subscribers today and will be available to everyone at GA in late June.
We are updating the Titanium BlackBerry SDK to Beta 2 today. With this release, API coverage on BlackBerry makes a significant leap forward toward parity with Android and IOS. The Titanium BlackBerry SDK Beta is available today to subscribers and will be available to everyone at GA in late June.
Excited yet? How about a full release of Titanium Studio, lower pricing on Titanium+Plus modules, and a return of the popular per developer Titanium Professional package… now bundled with our all new on-demand training.
All of this is rolling out over the next few weeks and we’re topping it off with a cool 30% discount on subscriptions for every Titanium developer out there that jumps onboard by May 31. All 1.5 million of you.
Got your attention? Let’s dive into the details on what’s coming up.
Titanium Mobile 1.7
Nothing beats a Titanium mobile release and 1.7 is a big one. We’re releasing Titanium 1.7 RC1 today to everyone, and will be shipping a GA release in June. Here’s what’s new:
- Fastdev for Android speeds prototyping and testing by enabling local changes to be instantly available to your application. Fastdev eliminates the time-consuming steps of packaging, building and deploying apps with each change.
- New cross platform APIs for TCP/IP networking: Sockets and Streams, and supporting APIs for managing Buffers and Codecs.
- Universal Binaries: develop a single app for deployment on iPhone and iPad (requires Titanium Studio 1.0 Release Candidate 1)
- Major improvements related to memory management and memory leaks for iOS (both iPhone and iPad) which substantially improves stability and performance.
Titanium Desktop 1.2
Today we’re also shipping Titanium Desktop 1.2 RC1 to everyone, with GA planned for June. The big new feature in 1.2 is the ability to publish your apps to the Mac App Store. We’ve also made the following updates:
- Support for the latest WebKit software on Mac OS and Linux, providing a consistent user experience across desktop deployment platforms.
- Quality improvements and bug fixes across Linux, Mac OS and Windows.
Titanium Mobile Web
Mobile web vs. mobile app. How about both? Today we are introducing Titanium Mobile Web SDK Beta with full support for developing mobile web apps with the same Titanium mobile app API you use now. Watch a demo of Titanium Mobile Web in action:
Titanium Mobile Web Beta is available today to Indie, Professional and Enterprise subscribers as part of their early access benefit. The GA release is planned for late June.
Titanium Mobile for BlackBerry Beta2
We have been working over the past several months to completely rearchitect our BlackBerry SDK. The biggest improvements are in the support for native components. Titanium Mobile for BlackBerry now includes all major platform features, including:
- Geolocation & Map
- Media Player (audio/video)
- Native UI controls: alerts, animation, button, email dialog, image view, label, picker, scroll view, slider, switch, tab, tableview, webview, text
Here’s a video demo of what’s coming with BlackBerry:
Titanium BlackBerry Beta 2 is available today to subscribers as part of their early access benefit. The GA release is planned for late June.
Titanium Studio RC1 is now available to subscribers and community members, bringing a new level of productivity to Titanium development. Titanium Studio integrates essential Titanium functionality into the leading development environment for web applications, including code completion, full-featured editing, iOS, Android and BlackBerry debugging, and much more. Watch a demo of Titanium Studio and debugging:
At GA in early June, Titanium Studio will have two versions: Standard and Premium, with Premium features available exclusively to Indie, Professional and Enterprise subscribers.
- Code completion for Titanium Mobile SDK methods
- Run, Deploy and Package Titanium Mobile and Titanium Desktop Applications
- Full-featured HTML, JS, CSS, Ruby, PHP, and Python editing support
- FTP/SFTP/FTPS/Capistrano deployment options
- Integrated Git Support
- Integrated Terminal
- Fully scriptable and customizable
- Everything in Standard, plus:
- iOS, Android, and BlackBerry debugging
- Additional premium features, such as: sample projects, integration to PaaS providers like Red Hat Openshift and Engine Yard, and preview releases of Titanium mobile and desktop are planned for later this year.
Titanium Studio RC1 is available today to both subscribers and community members. Titanium Studio RC1 is required for working with the Titanium Mobile Web and Titanium Mobile for BlackBerry Beta SDK releases. The GA release is planned for June.
Titanium+Plus and Titanium Training: now bundled together
Thanks to everyone’s feedback on our new products over the past couple months, we’ve made Titanium+Plus and training much more accessible to everyone. Both products are now bundled into all of our subscription offerings (see below) as we focus on enabling developers small and large to learn Titanium quickly and build new apps with all the latest capabilities we offer.
Here’s a summary of the new products available today and coming shortly:
|Product||Available Now||Early June||Late June|
|Titanium Mobile 1.7||Release Candidate 1||General Availability|
|Titanium Desktop 1.2||Release Candidate 1||General Availability|
|Titanium Studio||Release Candidate 1||General Availability|
|Titanium Mobile for BlackBerry||Beta 2||Release Candidate 1||General Availability|
|Titanium Mobile Web||Beta 1||Release Candidate 1||General Availability|
|Titanium+Plus||Now included in all paid subscriptions|
|On-demand training||Now included in all paid annual subscriptions|
New Appcelerator Subscription Offerings
We’ve listened to your feedback on our subscription plans and have some exciting new offerings for developers who are building a business on Titanium.
Titanium Indie Edition
Indie is our all-new all-software and on-demand training offering for developers who want to accelerate their understanding of Titanium and have access to all of our software and module extensions to build great apps. Titanium Indie includes:
- Titanium Studio Premium, including iOS, Android, and BlackBerry debugging
- Titanium+Plus Starter Modules: Urban Airship, Apple in-app StoreKit, Barcode, PayPal, and more.
- New Titanium On-Demand Training: a $595 value, this 10-hour on-demand video series will provide you with an excellent foundation for building native mobile and desktop apps with Titanium. An optional certification exam (sold separately) will be available in early June.
- Helpdesk/Knowledge Base: we’re opening up our premium support portal so that Indie developers can view Appcelerator’s internal knowledge base and public issues. Helpdesk support is available to Professional subscribers
Titanium Professional Edition
For developers who need development support, we’re bringing back our Professional offering. This subscription includes:
- Everything in Titanium Indie, plus:
- Development Support with a 2-day business response time SLA
- 50% off an instructor-led class. Upon purchase, we’ll email you a coupon that you can redeem at training.appcelerator.com for classes delivered by Appcelerator, Inc. Additional training vouchers will be made available every year at your anniversary date so you can stay current on the latest Titanium offerings.
Titanium Enterprise Edition
For mid- and large-sized teams, Titanium Enterprise offers Appcelerator’s highest-level of support and service. This subscription guarantees fixes for critical issues, provides single-day issue response, and includes 10 hours of consulting from a dedicated support engineer.
For more details on all subscription packages, please see the full subscription descriptions available at: www.appcelerator.com/products/plans-pricing/.
As a special thanks to everyone for their support and to celebrate our upcoming product launches, we’re offering a 30% discount on all of our paid subscription bundles through May 31.
Buy an annual Indie, Professional or Enterprise subscription on or before May 31 and save 30%! Remember, when you act now you’ll also get immediate access to Titanium Mobile for BlackBerry, Titanium Mobile Web SDKs to get a fast start on your app development.
As always, we appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm, feedback, and support. Please let us know how we can improve, what you’re up to with these new updates, and how you’re building your business on Titanium.
The Appcelerator Team